TOPTHE TOP IN QUALITY

Chronology

Home > Company Information > Chronology

Chronology

1940 Watanabe Factory starts manufacturing syringes.
1948 Limited Partnership established. Sales of products bearing the TOP trademark begin.
1953 Incorporated as a joint-stock company. Allowed by the Ministry of Health and Welfare to use the Japanese Industrial Standards (JIS) mark.
1956 Construction completed on Head Office building.
1961 Builds a modern, partially automated glass syringe manufacturing plant at Koshigaya.
1962 Builds a second plant at Koshigaya. Company establishes a system for the mass production of interchangeable syringes, and achieves a solid reputation for excellent quality and national leadership in syringe production and sales.
1963 Company name is changed to TOP Corporation. Opens a branch office in the Hongo district In central Tokyo.
1965 Builds the Shimotsuma Plant for producing disposable medical equipment, and opens a branch office in Osaka.
1967 Establishes branch offices in the cities of Sendai, Sapporo and Fukuoka.
1968 Expands Shimotsuma Plant and sets up a branch Office in Nagoya.
1969 Opens a branch office in Hiroshima.
1970 Constructs the Iwase Plant to handle increased demand for glass syringes. Establishes the TOP KASEI Corporation in response to growing demand for disposable products.
1971 Builds the Oomasu Plant for syringe production.
1972 Construction completed on new six-story Head Office building. Branch offices opened in Takamatsu and Yokohama.
1973 Builds Ishige Plant to handle increased number of disposable product types.
1975 Branch office opened in Kanazawa.
1976 New branch offices opened in Kobe, Niigata and Kagoshima.
1977 Constructs an eight-story reinforced concrete building in Tokyo, transforming the Hongo branch office into sales and service headquarters for the Kanto area. Opens a branch office in Chiba.
1979 Branch offices are established in Kyoto and Shizuoka.
1980 Opens a branch office in the northern Kanto area.
1982 Constructs 3-story research and development laboratory on land adjacent to the Head Office.
1983 Completes a disposable products plant and establishes the TOP Surgical Corporation in Taiwan.
1985 Completes a new 7-story Head Office building at the current location.
1987 Regional offices are opened in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya.
1990 Completes a disposable products plant and establishes MEDITOP Corporation (M) SDN. BHD. in Malaysia.
1991 Builds new manufacturing facility next to Iwase Plant in response to rapidly rising demand for pre-filled syringes.
1995 Completes distribution center on grounds of Shimotsuma Plant.
1998 Receives ISO 9002 and EN 46002 certification.
2001 MEDITOP Corporation (M) SDN. BHD. receives ISO 14001 certification.
2002 Receives ISO9001 and ISO13485 certification.
2003 Completes second plant at MEDITOP Corporation.
2004 Electron-beam sterilization facility completed at MEDITOP Corporation. Osaka Service Center For repairing and servicing medical electronic devices opens.
2005
|
2010
Fukuoka(2005),Sapporo(2006),Sendai(2007),Hiroshima(2009),Nagoya(2010),Service Center for repairing and servicing medical electronic devices opens.
2011 Expands MEDITOP Corporation (M) SDN.BHD.Plant-2.
2012 Establishes a distribution center in Kobe.
2013 Establishes a distribution center in Fukuoka and Tsukuba Laboratory.
2015 Expands Iwase plant.
2017 Expands Shimotsuma plant.
Home > Company Information > Chronology
TOP